FreeBSD 9.3-RC2 Now Available
The second RC build of the 9.3-RELEASE release cycle is now available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures.
The image checksums can be found in the PGP-signed announcement email.
ISO images and, for architectures that support it, the memory stick images are available here:
(or any of the FreeBSD mirror sites).
If you notice problems you can report them through the normal Bugzilla PR system or on the -stable mailing list.
If you would like to use SVN to do a source based update of an existing system, use the "releng/9.3" branch.
Changes between 9.3-RC1 and 9.3-RC2 include:
- A bug in the fast rx buffer recycle path has been fixed in the cxgbe(4) driver.
- A bug that would incorrectly allow two listening SCTP sockets on the same port bound to the wildcard address has been fixed.
- Multiple vulnerabilities have been fixed in file(1) and libmagic(3). [FreeBSD-SA-14:16.file]
- A workaround has been implemented to fix serial ports on certain motherboards, in particular the Intel D2500CCE board.
- A bug in bsdgrep(1) that would prevent certain pattern matching has been fixed.
- The bsdconfig(8) utility has been updated to support pkg(8)-format packages.
- Firmware for the cxgbe(4) Chelsio T4 and T5 cards has been updated to version 22.214.171.124.
Love FreeBSD? Support this and future releases with a donation to the FreeBSD Foundation!